Thursday, July 20, 2006

ADOPTION
Open your heart to love. Share your home, share your blessings, share your doggy kibble...doggy kibble? That's right, I'm talking about pet adoption. Too many good pets go unloved. Why? People get a pet without researching if that breed or pet will fit into their lifestyle. Owners pass away. Many reasons, some not as nice as those listed. It is understandable if you want a purebred - some traits are going to be more suitable to your lifestyle. Pugs don't need a lot of exercise/we don't have a yard. Pugs shed a lot/we're not Martha Stewarts around here. Pugs are not heat tolerant/we are okay with a full time inside dog. What many people do not know is that there are many purebred rescues available, and, no, not all are old/disabled/etc. A lot of puppies are available. Examples of purebred rescues in North Texas:

...and the list goes on and on. Visit www.petfinder.com to see more.

And for the kitty lovers:

Add some love to your life today. ~Christy

5 comments:

jigawatt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jigawatt said...

I've got an inside connection with the Morehouse Humane Society in Bastrop, LA. My grandmother, Mary Helen Turpin, is the director. She's nearly 80 years old, and she still works several hours at the pound almost every day. She's even famous:

County 4-H members find pet supply mission changed

4-H'ers come to shelter's rescue

Our Daisy came from the Bastrop pound.

Billy and Christy said...

Blair, I was thinking of you when I included the kitties. :)

James, That's awesome! I am also way impressed by your grandmother AND the fact that the shelter was a virtual no-kill. BTW, Daisy is beautiful!

Christy

Unknown said...

I left you a comment on you "white"
section. You ever watch Animal Cops on Animal planet? That will make you want to hurt some folk, I can almost take people getting hurt before I can take some of the ways those animals get treated.

Billy and Christy said...

You're right. I can't watch that show. It makes me so angry and sad at the same time.