Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TOUCHING BASE
Since I last blogged, I have been focused on my job search, which seems to being going well relative to my effort. I interviewed for one today, and I am really excited about it. At the same time, I know God will handle whether or not I am meant to work there. If I did not get the position, He has something way better planned for me. It is good to know that we are in good hands.

Last week, we had a little surprise, Lucy required knee surgery. We found out Monday, consulted with the surgeon Thursday afternoon, and took her to surgery Friday. After 4-5 months of healing, she will have the other knee operated. Apparently, she suffers from a disconformity common in dogs in her size. Also, her bowed legs (similar to a bulldog's stance) aggravated the situation. It's terrible, but it is hard not to laugh at her. She is almost half-way shaved, and they placed one of those Elizabethan collars on her.


Other than that, we are still trying to find a church home, and we continue to explore the city. One of our current goals is to find the best Mexican food restaurant. So far, we recommend Monica's Aca y Alla. Tuesday, most menu items are half price, and, since prices are around $8.95 for an entree to begin with, it is a steal. Also, Thursdays, enchilada plates are $3.99. With these prices, you might expect a dive, but it is really nice on the inside.

Hope all is well! ~Christy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.