Tuesday, August 01, 2006

MR. SLICK & MISS LUCY
(Think the The Adventures of Milo & Otis, with a paranoid twist)

Slick's journal entry (First day of the Eighth month of theYear of our Lord 2006):
Today's schedule, on the new frontier, has been full. It began with the same strange beeping noise as in the days before. I'm not sure what it is, but it makes the natives restless. First, they grunt, then they strike out at a small box - that seems to quiet the noise, but within minutes it is back. Eventually, the species indigenous to this new land begin to rouse. In recent days, I have found, that for me, the noise signals a day of further exploration. So far, the task has not been too arduous. I have found the region plentiful- butts to sniff, many crevices to nap, new spots to claim for my kingdom in the courtyards, - and a small cabinet containing many silver cans of delectable new delights. I may have found the fountain of youth....
Slick with the toy frog his Aunt Blair sent him

Lucy's journal entry (Stardate 8/1/06):
Inconceivable! Another has invaded MY universe. He is subtle in his ways...too subtle, but I am on to him. I know his intentions. Curse my infirmity! If I were but a well pug, with a fully healed knee, he would know my wrath. As for now, I will have to lay in wait for the day when I can rectify this atrocity...
Correction, the toy frog MY Aunt Blair sent ME

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You aint right!!!! I loved it though, laughed my butt off. I'm glad slick is feeling at home, Lucy will be alright after a while. However she may not, just watch for any silverware (namely big butcher knives) going missing. Thanks for thinking about me yesterday, I really needed the encouragement giving my testimony.

Steph said...

You're so funny!